The Zei-Abu-Zeit Tower standing above the main square in the town was once a part of the exterior defensive structure at the Abú Zayd Palace.
It’s cylindrical with a ground floor and two higher floors, topped by battlements. The brickwork is masonry with several windows and a raised door topped by a round arch.
It’s been perfectly restored and features an Arabic inscription dating it to 1252.
The inside houses the Municipal Museum.