In the upper part of Coratxà is the Romanesque church of St. James in honour of the patron saint himself. It was built in 1247 and is considered the oldest in the Comunidad Valenciana region. As a typical Reconquista church, it is comprised of a single nave with a gable roof and divided into four segments by three diaphragm arches built with large ashlar stones. Adjacent to the north side is the cemetery. At the top of the wall above the door is a series of old medieval carved stone funerary Christograms.