# # #

Parish Church


Zorita del Maestrazgo

Parish Church

This church contains paintings from the 19th century. Construction started in 1772 and ended in 1800. Its elegant academic style dates back to the middle of the 1700s. It is one of the most interesting churches in the region, with three naves, a transept and a lantern tower.

The bell tower towers above the façade on both sides. Zorita’s church has three bells, the small bell – María Asunción, the medium bell – María del Carmen, and the large bell – María de la Balma which has a diameter of 1.25 metres and weighs 1,100 kilograms.

Highlights inside include the main altar, which is a work of stone masonry by Ferrer de Mirambel, and early 19th-century paintings.


Données