Following the abandonment of the ancient buildings, work began on the new monstery in its present location. It was built between 1784 and 1791.
The Monstery, with its sober, elegant presence, has a structure which follows the stipulations set out in the Rules of the Carmelites and by St. Teresa of Jesus; the monastic rooms are distributed around the church, which is at the centre of both the physical space and monastic life. Around the temple are the rooms and common areas of the Religious Community and the Centre of Sprituality.
Surrounded by orange groves and gardens, and set against the Monte Bartolo in extraordinary scenery dominating the valley that leads down to Benicàssim, the Desert becomes a privileged viewpoint for all those who seek an atmosphere of peace and beauty.
C/ Santo Tomás nº 74
Teléfono: 964 300 102
Fax: 964 300 139