The walls were built in the 12th century and reinforced in the 15th. They formed a rectangle with four doors, protected by an equal number of circular turrets on the corners.
Very little remains of them; however, some may be seen encrusted into modern structures like the ensemble made up of what is known as Mocha Tower and a small section next to it. A small opening with bars can still be seen on the base of this wall; it was part of the medieval city’s sewage system.
The tower has a polygonal floor plan and is in rather good conditions following a partial renovation. It belonged to the original wall yet was rebuilt in 1424.
Also noteworthy is a small part of the medieval wall next to what is known as ‘Casa de l’Oli’ on the south-eastern corner of the villa.