The majestic Baroque facade was blessed in 1791. The inside of this church is claustral with three Corinthian order naves, a spacious transept and a high dome. It’s dedicated to the beheading of St. John the Baptist and is noteworthy because of the Baroque facade with burnished marble columns and remarkable sculpture of St. John the Baptist, all the work of local sculptor Cristóbal Maurat y Marco (1755-1817).
One of the largest temples in this diocese, it’s been under continuous restoration since 1957. It features an unfinished lovely robust bell tower.
Access the historic center of the municipality.